WELCOME TO MY WEBSITE
Artist Wayne Dowsent is a man of many talents! It was evident that he was artistic from an early age, winning school and state art competitions. As a young man, Wayne studied oil painting with renowned Australian Artist, Robert Doyle. He has also completed Graphic Design at Hornsby TAFE.
Most recently Wayne attended Sydney’s prestigious Julian Ashton Art School. At present Wayne studies life drawing and portraiture with Central Coast Artist Janet Hoyer Cobb. Wayne is a very diverse Artist who works with oil, digital, photography, animation and clay mediums.
Wayne is passionate about many things, but most important to him is the history of Australia, especially the stories of the Australian Aborigine, our War Veterans and of course the golden age of motoring.
Wayne commenced his ANZAC Portrait series when he painted his Father-in-Law, WW2 Airman James du Boulay on his 92nd birthday. The painting featured Jim at home surrounded by his antiques and war medals. What started over 1 year ago has become a body of work which consists of portraits , videos and information about the Servicemen’s photos, souvenirs and memorabilia. The ANZAC Portrait Series continues to grow and evolve.
All of Wayne’s art including the ANZAC Portrait Series can be found on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Wayne has been interviewed on ABC Radio and has featured in several newspaper articles related to his artwork.
- 2010 Muswellbrook Art Prize Finalist
- 2011 Port Stephens Art Prize 2nd prize
- 2011 Gosford Regional Art Show Highly Commended, 2nd prize and People’s Choice Award
- 2011 Mortimore Art Prize Selected Finalist
- 2012 Muswellbrook Art Prize Selected Finalist
- 2012 Gosford Regional Art Show People’s Choice Award
- 2012 Mortimore Art Prize Selected Finalist
- 2012 Blue Gum Art Show People’s Choice Award
- 2012 Gosford Art Prize Selected Finalist
- 2012 Solo Exhibition Peninsula Village ‘ANZAC Portrait Series’